Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Family are such Gaijin! XP

GAHHHHHH! needed to get that off my chest, as much as I love my family, being the only one here who can speak Japanese and know how things run here is rather stressful.  My family is depending on me and it's like I have suddenly become a mother to grown adult triplets. XP

Of course, today was their first day here, so naturally they had a lot of culture shock and confusion.  I was the same way, well maybe a little bit better off, as I could at least speak the language when I came here, but still I try to be patient with them.  It's actually quite funny now to watch them react to things that I think are so normal now.  Things like kaiten sushi and maid cafes and walking on the left side of the street.

When I return to America I'll probably have some reverse culture shock, like hearing English everywhere and seeing white people.

I'm sure things will get better as they adjust.  The day was fun regardless so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment