Saturday, May 18, 2013

Last Day in Nagoya

Today was my last day here in Nagoya. It's hard to believe that it is all coming to an end now.  It seems like only yesterday I arrived here by bullet train from Tokyo.

I have a strange mix of happiness and sadness.  I'm excited to see my family for the first time in 5 months and to see my friends in Tokyo, but I was sad to say goodbye to all of the friends I have made here.

My time in Japan is coming to an end.  I feel so lucky that I get to end my journey with my family here with me.

The person I was when I arrived here way back in August and the person I am now are different people.  I have grown more in this one year than I did for several years in America.

I will never forget the memories and friends I have made here - my life is forever changed.  And although my Japanese is still not very good, I feel like in the end that is just a minor fact.  The journey I traveled here, on my own two feet, is the real reward.

A chapter in my life is ending now.  And I look forward to a new beginning.

I can't wait to see what plans God has in store for me in the future. Only time will tell.

I still got 2 weeks in Japan, so I plan to live it up!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment