Saturday, November 17, 2012

Maid Cafe

So yesterday my friend and I went to a maid cafe in Akihabara.  A maid cafe is where young girls dress up in maid outfits and serve really cute food and drinks and often talk in a very cutesy way to their customers.

Maid cafes are popular among the male crowd, but females and families can be found in them as well.

So my friend and I decided to go to on and see what it's like.

Of course it's rather expensive (around $26), but it's worth going to at least once.

We got the parfait set where we got a delicious (and adorable) chocolate bear shaped parfait ice cream, a photo taken with one of the maids, and a souvenir key chain.

Oftentimes the maids would come to your table and ask you to do cutesy things with them, like "make a heart with your hands with me! YAY!!!!"

it was a fun and worthwhile experience.  I know that there are butler cafes as well where it's geared toward the female audience, with handsome men dressed as butlers.  But I haven't yet found one.

I heard they are in Shinjuku, but I haven't gone yet.

We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment